Friday, November 13, 2015

Fall Drugstore Foundations

We all know that when it comes to finding your "perfect" foundation, it takes some time. You have to try to match your colors, make sure it doesn't cling on to try patches, and so much more!  It's a process for us ladies, isn't it?  Matter of fact, it can be a little stressful! That's why I'm here to hopefully ease that stress a little and give you my Fall Drugstore Foundations.

The cold air has finally arrived, and that means I'm making sure to really find the perfect foundation for me.  As I've said before, I have combo skin.  This means I have not oily and not dry skin; this lady has a little bit of both.  My T-Zone gets oily throughout the day, whereas the rest of my skin stays normal.

In the fall and winter months, I like to try and have more of a matte finish to my foundations.  It's just what I like personally and it works with my skin.  I recently posted a picture on Facebook & Instagram of a picture from a football game, and I'll tell you that when everyone asked about my foundation, I mean EVERYONE asked about it!  So, I figured I would let you all know what I have been using, as well as the second drugstore foundation I have been using if I want not so much matte-ness (I'm making up words now) going on.

Now, if you have combination skin like me, you'll love both of these foundations.  Especially you oilier ladies because these foundations have a matte finish, so it'll help hide your oils.
If you are those women who have more dry skin, you might not like these foundations, but you can always try and work with the foundation if you want to try it.  For example, mix the foundation with a face oil or you could even mix it with a foundation more for dry skin.

I have very light skin complexion with some gold undertones and a hint of red/pink undertones; so luckily when I look for foundation colors, I can kind of work with either yellow, neutral, and pink based.  It just depends on the brand and how my skin takes it.  But most of the time, I try to stay neutral.

So, if you are a Curious George like I normally am, just keep on scrolling to hear about my fall foundations!
This image with Mr. Man was the day I was wearing this, and I can honestly tell you that it stayed on all day!  I had so many compliments on my skin and what foundation it was, so I thought I would share with everyone!  I've been wearing it off and on for a good year now and it is one of my go to's for sure.  And, hello it's drugstore!

You can find this foundation at ANY drugstore!  I know CVS and Wallgreens always have BOGO deals.  My color is #102 Shell Beige; yep I'm a whitey, but I'm proud of it!


My baby sister, Annie got me hooked back onto this foundation.  I actually used to wear this back in the good 'ol days in high school and once I ran out, I just told myself I wanted to try something else.  Well thank you Annie-Pot for getting me back on this band wagon!  

You can also find this at any drugstore near you!  And they have a very nice variety of colors for all skin tones.  My color I'm currently working with is N2 Classic Ivory.  
I'm telling ya, ladies why did I ever not go back to this until now?! 
I highly recommend both of these this fall and winter!  I haven't had any issues with with clinging to any dry patches or oxidizing on my skin.  And it's NOT CAKEY!  I can't stand those foundations that seriously makes your face look so heavy and caked up with makeup.  I do know that once I start self-tanning again, I'll have to change up my colors.  

I hope this has helped you and given you a little more insight on some good foundations for the fall and for those ladies with combo and/or oily skin...and dry skin if you just add some face oils to it =)

If this is something you enjoyed, please subscribe so you can get the first look at what and when I post new blogs!  Please let me know in the comment box below on what you want to see next as I love to hear your feedback.

And as always, from me to you, it's just a little Grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment